Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jan 9th Cadio and upper body

MAN did I have some interuptions today... plus some emotional upheaval from Cole.
5 minutes into my cardio on the arc trainer, I had to go change Cole's ppopy diaper- he THOUGHT he was on time out cause they asked him to wait for me... this upset him and I explained to him that he was not in trouble- he just needed to wait for me... but he still seemed confused and said 2 more times- "I got put on timout"... (SMH)    the next interruption was cause Cole's nose was bleeding and he was crying in a corner and wouldn't calm down. (arrrrrrrg!! I hate other little kids hmph!)  Fortunately he made his OWN nose bleed by picking it but did have a boo-boo on his head from being knocked around by some other older boys (probably not on purpose- just all trying to climb and play at the same time, in the same area)  The problem is that after Cole got bullied this christmas- he's been VERY clingy, more passive, and yet very challanging to Chris and I) 
Anyway... I talked with him and the day care lady, asked him to color and told him to get back in there and play sending him with hugs and kisses.   I'm extremely happy and proud to say that he did just that =)
I refuse to teach him to run away from things that scare him...
BACK to cardio- same machine- weight loss setting...  decided I was only gonna do 20 minutes as I was feeling completely unmotivated at this point. Finished and went to lift weights...
Upper body-  strngth training
decided to keep it "old school"- no waights.  (but I DID use the assisted dips and pull ups machine)
SO-- started with strength training
 Dips 70 pounds assist- 10  reps. waited a min. 64 assist- 8 reps.  rested a min.  58 assist- 6 reps.
Pull ups (palms facing away from me)  same weight and rep as for the dips.  REALLY focused on form and taking my time with each rep.  MAYBE coulda used less assist for the dips....

jack-knifes (on a yoga ball)  4 sets- 8-9 reps per set. did 4 sets of man pushups at 10 reps each.
alternated sets/excersizes.  Wrists were kinda hurting, so the last 2 sets of pushups, I used that half yoga ball thing with my hands on the rim- MUCH better.

Started to feel on the verdge of clumsly or dizzy.   stretched and got outta there.   Sorry this one was so long... I know this is not a diary ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment