Saturday, March 26, 2011

A- Friday March 25 More Sprinting.. total 2.5 hour workout.

Friday was supposed to be running 6 400 meter!!! Well I can't breath (and keep form because of that) past the 200, so I did 6 200 with 200 walking in between each one.  (did one as a warm up before stretching too- then the 6...)

The group I was with decided they were too tired to lift but i was good and wanted to w..o. Bi and back, so I ate an apple and rested for 5 minutes then:

Assis Pullups (3 sets) 1 Each - Wide, reg palms facing me, hammer style pullups.   #14 76 pounds assisted, 12 reps.

Bent over row- 45 pound long bar. 2 sets, 12 reps.   Wasn't sure about my form, so I didn't finish with a thrid set.  I'll look into it so I know I'm doing it right.

Cable machine- Unilateral bent over rows.  30 pounds, 3 sets 12 reps

Widegrip cable pulldowns, behind the neck.  40 pounds, 3 sets 12 reps.  Felt a bit light but I was focusing on form as I haven't done those since 2005!
 
Easy bar looking attachment biceps curls on the cables. 30 pounds, 12 reps, 4 sets.  Difficult, but really enjoyed the burn =)

At least, supersets of: 
Straight armed lifts in front (palms down) and lateral- again palms down.  4 sets total (2 of each) 8 pounds DB.

Today is sat and I'm very sore- mostly my feet and soleus are very sore, so I feel like tripping on my feet a lot and dragging my feet ;)   glad to be resting.... Thanks for the advice! I go fitted and I'm now a 6.5!! So I got a 7 of these REALLY lite Nikes, that don't even hurt my toe now, even with the swelling and bruising.

I'm excited to try them out.  What's funny is that the 6's that I wear feel FINE and I never have trouble with them, even running for 45 minutes on the treadmill.  So i'll keep those for lifting and inside gym cardio.  but for running outside, I'm using my new Nike's =)

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! on the new shoes. I def try to only use my running shoes for running and older/smaller ones for lifting.

    How'd you get hooked up with this super in shape couple? Sounds cool to have workout buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's one of the only "normal" chicks that I always see lifting... (ie: she doesn't wear makeup, and she's friendly, and doesn't make super loud grunting and moaning noises while working out lol) She mentioned she and he were running and I asked her what they did so I could try - they invited me and there you go ;)

    ReplyDelete